In order to be compliant with State and County directives, Salford Township Municipal building is now closed to the public.  The Township administration remains open, however, and can be reached either by email ( or by phone (215.257.5664).  Thank you for your cooperation. 


About Us Calendar Facts FAQs Job Opportunities Photo Gallery Salford Township History
Local BOS Secure Portal County State Federal
Agendas & Minutes Boards and Committees Meeting Schedule Open Records/Right to Know Document Center
Roads Administrative Zoning Parks and Recreation Finance & Tax Collection Staff Directory Public Sewer Emergency Management
Build & Zoning Questions Bingo Elected Officials Homeowners Association Indian Valley Public Library Local Hospitals Links to Local Businesses New to Area News & Announcements Parks & Open Space Quarry School Districts SepticSmart Senior Guidance Service Stormwater Management Trash Collection Recycling Veterans Voting Information Zoning Ordinances/Map
Contact Us / Report A Concern Fire Department Police Ambulance TransNet Special Needs Registry Power Outage Water Testing
Apply For Contact Find Get Register Report a Concern View

Roads Administrative Zoning Parks and Recreation Finance & Tax Collection Staff Directory Public Sewer Emergency Management


Highway Department

Q. A stop sign has been knocked down. Who should I call?


On State Roads – contact PennDOT at 610-275-2368. Township Roads – contact the Public Works Department Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM and 3:30 PM. After hours, please notify Doug Hedrick at 267-236-4781 or complete the online Report A Concern form.

Q. Does the Township pick up leaves in the fall?


No. The Township is not responsible for leaf pickup in the fall. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to maintain and dispose of their leaf collection – please do not dispose of leaves in the ditch.

Q. Does the Township pick up trash?


Salford Township does not perform curbside trash or recycling pick up. You must contact a trash hauler to collect your trash. Please go to the Trash and Recycling section of the website to view the trash haulers currently working in Salford Township.

Q. Under what conditions does the township spread salt?


Salt is used when conditions warrant its use. If the temperature is too low, salt is ineffective, if it is blowing, salt will only aid in grabbing the snow and keeping it on the roadway.

Q. What is defined as a Right-of-Way?


Typically this is from the center of the roadway to the utility poles.  This area should be free of plantings and structures.

Q. Who is responsible for sidewalk and curb repairs?


Property owners are reminded that the maintenance of all sidewalks and curbing situated on their property is the responsibility of the property owner. Contractors or property owners performing the work are required to obtain a Road Occupancy Permit from the Zoning Officer prior to the beginning of any repair.

Q. Who maintains my driveway surface?


It is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain the driveway surface.

E-News Sign Up
Keep up to date with Salford Township!