Montgomery County Multi Agency Resource Center (MARC) for affected residents

About Us Calendar Facts FAQs Job Opportunities Photo Gallery Salford Township History
Local BOS Secure Portal County State Federal
Agendas & Minutes Boards and Committees Meeting Schedule Open Records/Right to Know Document Center
Roads Administrative Finance & Tax Collection Zoning Parks and Recreation Staff Directory Emergency Management Public Sewer
Build & Zoning Questions Bingo Dog Licenses Elected Officials Homeowners Association Indian Valley Public Library Local Hospitals Links to Local Businesses New to Area News & Announcements Parks & Open Space Quarry School Districts SepticSmart Senior Guidance Service Stormwater Management Trash Collection Recycling Veterans Voting Information Zoning Ordinances/Map
Contact Us / Report A Concern Fire Department Police Ambulance TransNet Special Needs Registry Power Outage Water Testing
Apply For Contact Find Get Register Report a Concern View

About Us Calendar Facts FAQs Job Opportunities Photo Gallery Salford Township History


1.  Who should I call if I find a dead deer and/or animals on the road?

Dead animals should be reported to the PA Game Commission at 610-926-3136.

2.  Is burning allowed in the Township?

Salford Township follows PA Code and DEP guidelines for burning (links to documents below).  Controlled burn of household/yard waste (paper, leaves, wood, etc) is permitted - burning of chemical producing items (plastic, rubber, vinyl, etc) is NOT permitted.

PA Air Basin Map

PA General Code Title 25 Section 129.14

DEP Fact Sheet

3.  Does the Township offer recycling?

The Township does not have any recycling facilities.  Recylcing options can be found at and also under the "Community" link.  Additionally, several of the trash haulers that service our Township collect recyclables.

4.  How many acres are required for the keeping of livestock and/or poultry?

Keeping of livestock or poulty is limited to lots of one (1) acre or greater.  Lots less than 10 acres, livestock is limited to the per acre rate of:

1 head of large livestock (horses, cows, stears)

5 head of medium livestock (sheep, swine, goats)

100 fowl (1,000 if confined to buildings)

5.  Who should I call if I see a stray dog?

Stray dogs can be reported to Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement - Ed Bunt at 610-909-1173. 

6. Are there any ordinances that require dogs on a leash?

As per Pennsylvania Dog Laws, all dogs must be under control.  This means that when your dog is not on your property it must be under direct control of you or a handler - the best way to control your dog is on a leash.  Dogs are personal property - you are responsible for any damage caused by your dog.
Link for more information from the Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement. 

E-News Sign Up
Keep up to date with Salford Township!